We take our commitment to your privacy seriously, and we treat any information you provide to us with care.
The website, www.love2donate.co.uk is operated and owned by L2D Limited.
Who We Are
We are L2D Limited (“Love2Donate”, “we”, “us”, or “our”), a company registered in England and Wales (Company No. 7277058), with a registered office at 6 Bevis Marks, Bury Court, London EC3A 7BA. We are registered with the Information Commissioner in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and our Data Protection Registration number is Z3537091. For the purposes of the Act we are the data controller of your personal data.
What Information We Collect
When you interact with our website we may ask you for certain information and you may submit personal data to us (for example your name, phone number, postal address, email address and contact details).
Some examples of how information may be collected by us:
- Information you provide us: we receive and store information that you submit when using our website.
- Information automatically provided: we receive, process and store certain information whenever you interact with our website. Like many websites, we use “cookies” (see the ”Cookies” section below) and obtain certain information automatically when your web browser accesses our website. Information automatically received by us includes the IP address that your computer uses to connect to the internet; your computer, browser, operating system and internet connection details.
- Email communications: If you no longer wish to receive email newsletters, please notify us using the links provided in each newsletter.
- Telephone calls: From time to time we monitor and record telephone calls for training purposes and to improve the quality of our service to you.
How We Use this Information
Information is kept securely in accordance with our internal security policy and may be used to:
- provide customer support services to you;
- help prevent fraud (eg. we may check payment card details with our credit agency, who may keep a record of that information, and reserve the right to refuse donations and orders on that basis. Your credit rating can be checked for a nominal fee with the main UK agencies Equifax and Experian);
- process donations and leave tributes
- make returns to and answer queries from HMRC
By submitting your data to us you agree to this use. Without consent, we cannot process your donation or order.
Lawful Basis for Processing Your Data
Prior to making a payment for a donation and tribute to be left at www.love2donate.co.uk you will be asked to provide your permission for us to process the information you have supplied. L2D Limited requires the information you provide in order to successfully process payments and complete your tribute and donation. By ticking the confirmation box you are agreeing that we may process your payment and use the information you have supplied, with the exception of payment card details, to complete transactions and advise Funeral Directors and Charities of some or all of your information.
Data Retention Period
- We only keep your information for as long as is necessary.
- We will retain the information you provide to L2D Limited, excluding any payment details, for a period of 2191 days (6 years and a day). This is to ensure that we can satisfy any legal queries from HMRC. This requirement is described in detail HERE
- Where a funeral director has instructed us to delete tribute pages, we will continue to hold your information for a period of four years in an unencrypted format. This is to enable us to make back-dated Gift Aid claims on behalf of charities who had not authorised L2D Limited to make Gift Aid claims at the time of your donation.
- Wherever possible, we use the latest security measures to protect your details when you interact with us. Love2Donate tributes and donations are collected using 128-bit SSL where this is possible, depending on the technology being used by the Funeral Director handling proceedings. All Credit and Debit card information is obtained under SSL and processed by SagePay (www.sagepay.co.uk). At no time whatsoever does L2D Limited have visibility of payment information and nor does L2D Limited store, either physically or electronically, payment card information.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Anyone aged 16 years or under must get their parent’s or guardian’s permission in order to use our services. Users without this permission are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Who Else May See Your Data
- We may pass your details to HMRC in order to claim Gift Aid on behalf of a charity.
- We may pass your email address, when you have authorised us to do so, to a charity.
- We may pass your name and address details, to a funeral director to advise that a donation was made in memory of a deceased.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or our safety or the safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Third Party Linking
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Your Right to Access Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Should a data inaccuracy be identified, then L2D Limited will rectify any data inaccuracies within one month.
Your Right to Withdraw Consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us to process your information. In order to exercise that right, please contact us at the address below, by telephone (on 01908 886167) or email (at firstname.lastname@example.org) and your data will be removed from our database. All previous transactions which have completed prior to your request to withdraw consent will remain intact.
Where We Store Your Personal Information
- Cookies are a technology which can be used to provide you with tailored information from our website. A cookie is an element of data that our website sends to your browser, which may then store it on your system. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it.
- We use the cookies for the following purposes:
- site administration
- recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily;
- research and development.
- To find out more about cookies including how to manage your cookie settings, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- If after contacting L2D Limited you are still unsatisfied, you do have the right to complain to a supervisory authority
- Email by visiting our Contact Us page
- post at L2D Limited, 2, Orchard Close, Bromham, Bedfordshire, MK43 8HN;
- by telephoning (UK) 01908 886167 between the hours of 9.00am and 6:00pm Monday to Friday.