These are the terms and conditions of supply of Love2Donate which is a trading division of L2D Limited (company registration number 7277058, formerly ElecDonate Limited), a company registered in England and Wales. Our registered office is at 76 Bevis Marks, Bury Court, London EC3A 7BA.
These Terms and Conditions apply to transactions between Love2Donate, private individuals and Funeral Directors working with Love2Donate
We, at L2D, believe in presenting the necessary legal terms and conditions in plain English and to avoid "legalese" wherever possible. However, if there is anything on this page that is not clear to you, please do not hesitate to contact us
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before placing donations or tributes on our website or through our nominated Funeral Directors. You should understand that by making donations through us or placing tributes on our pages or the pages of our nominated Funeral Directors, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. You should print a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
In these terms the customer placing tributes or donations on the site is referred to as "you" or "your" or the "Donor".
- L2D will try hard to ensure that we fulfil your wishes in creating tributes, and processing donations and passing them on to the correct charity. However, we cannot be held responsible for achieving this if the information supplied by the Donor or the Funeral Director is incorrect or misleading.
- By placing a donation or tribute through our site, you warrant that: (a) you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; (b) you are at least 18 years old.
- After placing a donation, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your donation. The contract between us (the "Contract") will only be formed when we send you the acknowledgement email noted above.
- We are not responsible, in any way, for the way in which any charity uses the donations that are made through L2D.
- We will collect any monies due under The Giftaid Scheme and add it to your donation. If, however, Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (HMRC) cannot, or does not, agree that such money should be paid then we cannot be held responsible. We will not enter into further discussion on your behalf with HMRC.
- All monies held by us in transit between Donor and Charity, HMRC and Charity will be held in a separate Client Account and in trust for the nominated charity. This means that those monies are the property of the nominated charity whilst in transit and as such refunds cannot be made.
- Should HMRC require any information relating to any donation or related monies L2D will pass on that information.
- Charges are applicable when making a donation. Any calculations or examples shown on our web page are subject to any variation in tax rates, Giftaid, etc which may from time to time be made by the Government.
- L2D will not, under any circumstances, pass on any information it holds on any Donor, Funeral Director or Charity unless required by law to do so, and then only to the party so required by law.
- Our contract with you comprises the provision by us of the administration of the donation or tribute (the "Services"). If you are contracting as a consumer (a 'consumer' is someone acting outside of the course of their business or trade), you have a right under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (as amended) to cancel this contract at any time within seven working days, beginning on the day after we accept your order. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the donation. To cancel a Contract, you must inform us in writing by emailing: email@example.com. You should note, however, that you will not be entitled to cancel the contract under this clause 12 if we have commenced the provision of the Services. We may commence the provision of the Services at any time after the contract is formed.
- We warrant to you that the Services will be performed by us with reasonable skill and care and in accordance with these terms.
- These terms and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between us in relation to the subject matter of any contract and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between us, whether oral or in writing.
- We each acknowledge that, in entering into a contract, neither of us has relied on any representation, undertaking or promise given by the other or be implied from anything said or written in negotiations between us prior to such contract except as expressly stated in these terms and conditions.
- We intend to rely upon these terms and any document expressly referred to in them in relation to the subject matter of any contract. While we accept responsibility for statements and representations made by our duly authorised agents, please make sure you ask for any variations from these terms and conditions to be confirmed in writing.
- This contract shall be governed by and subject to the law of England and Wales. We and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.